The Jungle Librarian
Aftershock - Tuesday 8-10pm
I discovered rave music in 1991 but hearing Q Project's Champion Sound at Glastonbury in 1994 introduced me to jungle and I was hooked. I love all styles of drum & bass, as well as hardcore, techno, breaks and wonky electronic music of all kinds.
I play a wide range of stuff in the first half of my show and go in the mix for the second, letting the tunes do the talking. I'll play anything as long as it's good - jungle & hardcore classics on Moving Shadow, Bristol beats from V & Full Cycle, 90s neuro on Virus, future jungle on Astrophonica or heavier beats from labels like Ingredients or Samurai. Hopefully you'll hear something you've not heard before.
I took over running After Dark Radio in February 2017, and have exciting plans for the station.
Get in touch - e-mail DJAftershock9 (at) hotmail.com, follow @L0fth0use
on Twitter or like my Facebook page
. You can listen to old shows and mix-tapes at my Mixcloud page
or download them from here
Current Top 5
All-time Top 5
- Breath Of The Eve - NCQL (Subtle Audio)
- Fresh Nation - Dead Man's Chest (Ingredients)
- Scarlett - Overlook (UVB-76)
- Jazz Error - TMSV (Cosmic Bridge)
- OT Blues - Response (Tempo)
- Soul In Motion - Krust (Full Cycle)
- Special Treat - DJ Die (V Recordings)
- One & Only - PFM (Looking Good)
- The Water Margin - Studio Pressure (Photek Recordings)
- The Helicopter Tune - Deep Blue (Moving Shadow)
I do monthly mixes for the Only Drum n' Bass night on www.onlyoldskool.com
and I'm a resident at Don't Look Now in London.
This recent OnlyOldSkool mix showcases my current sound.